As folks may have noticed I am really looking into getting another notebook. I have covered quite a few of them on here in recent posts and videos. However I am sort of beginning to narrow my list down.
Price is of course a big concern, but so is RAM and a decent display. I am currently leaning towards a 13.3 or 14.1 inch notebook and my minimums are not all that restrictive since quite a few have made my “A” list.
My minimum specs are as follows:
- 13.3 inch or larger Full HD 1080p display
- An Intel Celeron N3450 processor
- 6 GB RAM
- SSD storage availability is a must
- Good battery life is a must
- Dual Band Wireless 802.11b/g/n/ac
- Plenty of ports for a mouse/microSD and HDMI out
Those specs have eliminated a few devices from my list already such as the Chuwi LapBook 12.3. There simply is no point in getting a 12.3 inch notebook when the Hi12 is a mere 3 tenths of an inch smaller and has a great display and works well as a notebook when used with my Logitech K480 Bluetooth keyboard.
I have also eliminated the Chuwi SurBook 2 in 1 device because it isn’t any bigger than the LapBook 12.3 and is does not have SSD expansion capabilities.
That of course has me down to the following notebooks:
- The Chuwi LapBook 14.1, which meets almost all the requirements and is dirt cheap. It does lack the 6 GB RAM but 4 GB is probably more than I really need. I did a comparison post between this one and the LapBook 12.3 a few weeks back.
- The Jumper EZBook 3 Pro which is priced very reasonably and has the 6 GB RAM. It has all the requirements I listed above and has done well in reviews! There is a new version of this notebook that has an easy access port and a precision touch-pad. Check out the review I posted today!
- Last on my current list (but now top choice), is the new Chuwi LapBook Air which has some killer specs with the 8 GB RAM and a fully laminated screen. At this point we have a short review and it looks really good. This one looks very good considering what they are currently going for on Gearbest! We now have a second first impressions video and it was also positive, so this one is now at the top of my list. I highly suggest reading the straight up comparison article, between the EZBook 3 Pro and the LapBook Air that I did after watching the latest full review.
Now by no means are the notebooks that I eliminated not good they are both great, but for me they just don’t fit into what I need for work and they simply are not big enough to justify me spending the money on.
So that is the current list and where I am at right now, unless some kind soul would like to donate a small bundle of cash so I can get a few into my hands for serious testing. Or if folks actually clicked the ads and links here and bought a few of these items, that would help tremendously.
That is all I have for now. As usual this post was written on the Hi12 while the HiBook is the server today.
This site formerly ran on either a Chuwi HiBook tablet or occasionally my Chuwi Hi12 tablet. Check the About page for details. Don't miss our new YouTube Channel!